Instagram HappyNurtle

Friday 18 April 2014

It's the long weekend!

Hello beautiful people!

It's finally here, THE LONG WEEKEND!!! I hope everyone has fun plans for what is predicted to be a beautiful long weekend. In preparation for the long weekend, I put together a cute fun nail design!

OPI matte top coat on abstract leopard print design

This nail look is so simple to achieve and the best part is, you can use any colour combination you can think up! I really wanted a stand out design so I chose red on white. The red also compliments the red lipsticks I'll be using this weekend so it was only natural I'd use it. To create this nail design here's some quick instructions.

1) Apply your favourite base coat to your nails.
2) Paint your nails with a polish of your choice. I prefer using lighter colours so the print will stand out more.
3) Once dry, with a dotting tool, randomly place spots all over your nail. I like doing 5 or more spots depending on the nail size.
4) When spots have dried, using a nail art pen, trace around the spots using 'C' shapes to create a leopard like look. Where there are empty spaces simply place dots or smaller 'C' shapes to fill in the design.
5) Apply a top coat of your choice to your completed design once dry. Today I opted for a matte top coat. I love the one by OPI!

Now for looks to use this weekend! I've already posted these looks on my Instagram so feel free to check them out! If you want to view some cool outfit ideas and nail art as soon as I come up with them, follow me on Instagram. I will always follow up my looks on my blog with more detail of course.

HappyNurtle Instagram

Anyway these are the looks I feel will totally complement the fun and sun this weekend. This is look one:

American Apparel floral crop top, ASOS Pinafore Skater Skirt in PU with Detachable Straps

American Apparel floral crop top, ASOS Pinafore Skater Skirt in PU with Detachable Straps

This look is simple, laid back and girly. I teemed a cropped floral shirt from American Apparel with my ASOS pinafore skirt and a cute pair of ankle boots. This look was accessorised with a bright blue watch by Ice, my black bracelet by Colette Accessories and my ASOS metal top cat eye sunglasses.

American Apparel floral crop top, ASOS Pinafore Skater Skirt in PU with Detachable Straps, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color 'Old Hollywood'

As the look is really simple, I chose to go for nice and natural makeup. When it is sunny and hot I always use my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily skin. It really stays put and helps control the oil for a few hours. I then line the upper lashes with my Rimmel Scandaleyes thick and thin eyeliner pen and use my favourite 'The Falsies' mascara from Maybelline. For my lower lashes, I applied a faint line of Barry M Black Waterproof Eyeliner. To define my eyebrows I used the Pixi Natural Brow Duo in Medium Brown. This product is really natural as you can tell so I absolutely love to use it for my day looks. On my lips I used Bobbi Brown's Rich Lip Color in Old Hollywood. The lipstick is UBER PIGMENTED and is an absolute love!

This is my second look:

Reversible Sportsgirl bomber jacket, TEMT blouse, leather look leggings

TEMT blouse, leather look leggings

TEMT blouse, simple make up, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - San Paulo


This look is more edgier than the previous one. The top is from TEMT. It has such a beautiful print that I want to use it all the time! If only repeating outfits was not a crime (haha)! I'm also using leather look leggings (which are so hot right now) and my favourite jacket this Autumn, my Sprotsgirl Reversible Bomber Jacket! On one side, it has a lovely jewel print and the other side is black and quilted. Again I'm using my favourite pair of ankle boots. This look was accessorised with a watch by Fossil. For my makeup, I used the same products on my face as the previous look, however I switched my lipstick for my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade San Paulo.

Anyway, those were just some looks and ideas I wished to share with you for the long weekend. Hope you have an awesome one! Have lots of fun!

American Apparel floral crop top, ASOS Pinafore Skater Skirt in PU with Detachable Straps, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color 'Old Hollywood' + fat cat

Lots of love from me and the fat cat! xx

1 comment:

  1. i dont think that nail design is very good. i think you should try the skeleton

    ReplyDelete