Instagram HappyNurtle

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Review: Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color - Old Hollywood

Hello everyone!

Hope you've been well. Today I'll be reviewing a lipstick by Bobbi Brown, the Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in shade 'Old Hollywood'. I am a sucker for all lipsticks bright red so I was immediately drawn to this one. This lipstick retails for $44 for 0.13oz or 3.8g. According to the Bobbi Brown website (http://www.bobbibrown.com.au/product/2342/22750/Makeup/Lips/Lip-Color/Rich-Lip-Color/FH12/index.tmpl#) the lipsticks are supposed to be creamy, very pigmented, full coverage and lightweight and the shade 'Old Hollywood' is supposed to be a bright cherry red. These lipsticks are also advertised as moisturising and to have sun protection through being SPF12.

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color 'Old Hollywood'

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color 'Old Hollywood'

Let me begin by saying that the description of the lipstick on the website is very true! This lipstick glides on so smoothly! It's super creamy, moisturising and is fully opaque in the first layer. The colour payoff is definitely fantastic and the formula gives this lipstick a nice sheen. It definitely is not matte and not glossy, it just has a satin look to it. When I use this lipstick, I only apply it onto the top half of my lip and spread it onto the bottom half, that is how pigmented it is! Doing it this way also means I save on product.

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color 'Old Hollywood'

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color 'Old Hollywood' Swatch

That said, there is still a lot of product wastage thanks to the formula. As the product is so moisturising, it rubs off easily. Don't get me wrong, the colour lasts a good 3-4 hours on me if I am not eating or touching it at all. Once I eat or if I touch it, the colour transfers and fades and disappears. I think that is the biggest con of this lipstick. I find myself constantly reapplying it! I do wish to mention that when this lipstick does fade it leaves a nice faint red stain on my lips which is even all over so it is definitely not offensive when the lipstick wears out.

I am definitely someone who prefers to use a long lasting lipstick that does not transfer easily and will last me all day so unfortunately I don't find myself reaching for this lipstick much at all. It is such a shame as it is quite an expensive lipstick, a lovely formula and a beautiful colour that I just don't want to use because it doesn't last. If you are someone that doesn't mind reapplying lipstick throughout the day then this lipstick is worth the investment as it wears so beautifully on the lips. To me, I did expect more for the price and more from Bobbi Brown so I rate this lipstick a 3/5. At the end of the day, it is exactly as the description stated and does feel and look lovely on the lips. I would like to believe the iconic brand will improve the formula in the future to make it feel and look the same way, just have longer lasting power. We shall have to wait and see! 

Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color before? Did you feel the same way or was it just me? Better yet have you tried any of their other lipsticks and are they any better? Let me know! :)

Love,
Nur xx

No comments:

Post a Comment