Instagram HappyNurtle

Sunday 20 July 2014

Michael Todd Skincare Routine Haul!

Michael Todd Skincare Routine Haul

Hello guys! These glorious products right here are from the skincare line manned by Michael Todd. Being an ex-sufferer of acne, skincare has become a somewhat large addiction from my adolescent life. I have tried pretty much every skin care brand in the drug store from Garnier and St.Ives all the way to the likes of Proactiv and The Balm. Now what I consider as 'skincare products' is anything from cleanser to moisturiser, basically anything that will improve my skin but not help me hide my skin problems.

Being a skincare enthusiast, I stumbled upon Michael Todd products a few times. I was intrigued by the idea of organic vegan skincare. I can't see any faults in the idea, if anything natural products should be the best thing for troubled skin! "I have to try it!" I told myself... until I saw the hefty price tag that followed the brand. So I put it off, to the point I forgot all about it.

Months had passed before I saw "Michael Todd" in bold print on a sale site known as Ozsale. That link will take you right to this amazing site that has sales everyday! All you need to do is sign up and you're free to bask in the glory of year round awesome sales and deals - and membership is completely free! The thing is that the sales are limited time and come on once every couple of months. That said I stumbled across the Michael Todd sale one day before it would end. I had a day to decide if I wanted to invest in a whole new skincare line which I wasn't sure would work, and since my current routine was pretty good, did I really want to mess it up? That and the fact that although the products were on sale, they were still pretty pricey. After pondering for a solid 20 minutes I took the plunge and decided to go for it! Hours of googling later and I put together my own version of their skin care line - one that was tailored to my skin that is really sensitive, oily, troubled and dry at the same time.


Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser, Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub and Organic Lemon AHA + DMAE Toner

For cleansing and toning my skin, I chose to go with the Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser, Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub and Organic Lemon AHA + DMAE Toner. As you can see I opted for the charcoal infused cleansers in the hope they will help keep my skin clear and keep excess oil at bay. I chose to go with the Organic Lemon AHA + DMAE Toner as I had read good reviews on it and I feel as though the lemon in the toner may assist in fading my acne scarring faster.

Michael Todd Moisture Lite Non-Oily Hydrating Lotion and Hyaluronic Acid + C Antioxidant Moisturising Serum

To moisturise my skin I chose the Moisture Lite Non-Oily Hydrating Lotion, simply because it claims it will control oil and shine which I always look for in a morning moisturiser. I also purchased the Hyaluronic Acid + C Antioxidant Moisturising Serum since I really want to get into using them. This one seemed like it would do wonders for my dull and dry skin. I know my skin is weird, oily and dry at the same time - it confuses me too - but hey if this serum could help with the dryness that would be one less thing to worry about!

Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Detoxifying Facial Mask and Avocado and Mango Hydrating Facial Mask

Of course no skin care routine is complete without a mask or two for those pamper-your-skin-days. I decided to buy the Kaolin Clay Detoxifying Facial Mask and Avocado and Mango Hydrating Facial Mask. I chose the Clay mask for oilier and more troubled skin days and the Avocado and Mango mask to use on drier skin days.

My plan is to use the cleanser and toner everyday, use the scrub three times a week, use the serum every other day and the masks twice a week - changing them up accordingly. As for the moisturiser, I will only use it in the mornings as I don't need oil control at night. Instead I will use a typical Sorbolene Moisturiser every night as it is a neutral moisturiser which wont interfere with the functionality and properties of the Michael Todd range I'm testing. After all it wouldn't be a fair test if I use a special night moisturiser. Whilst I am testing this range I will still be using Oxy 5 on my skin each morning before applying make up and under my moisturiser, it is my staple breakout preventer and I simply can't leave it out.

I will let you guys know in a month if the Michael Todd skincare range is worth the hype, if it works and if its worth the pretty pennies they charge for it! Have you tried Michael Todd products before? Did they work for you?

Love,
Nur xx

No comments:

Post a Comment