Instagram HappyNurtle

Sunday 19 October 2014

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara Review!

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Hello loves!

I had heard many beauty bloggers from the UK rave about this mascara and how gorgeous it makes your lashes look, so I had to try it! Being from Australia - where we are behind on every trend whether it be beauty or fashion - it was obviously impossible to get my hands on this! I had to search far and wide and finally took the plunge and purchased it off ebay.

When the package arrived, I was stoked! The packaging of this falls under the bracket of MEGA CUTE! The little pandas put a grin right on my face! However, when I opened the packet, I was a little less impressed. The mascara felt cheap. The packaging looked cute but the hollow, light plastic fell short compared to the cardboard packaging. I know what you're thinking - almost all mascaras are in plastic packaging, what are you going on about Nur? But let me assure you there was just something about this specific plastic they used that just did not feel right. All that aside, at least the mascara had a pretty pink metallic lid and a black tube which looked nice.

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

I purchased the waterproof formula, as those are my favorite kind, and I have to say, the formula of this is quite pleasant. I felt it made my lashes look long and full and it didn't clump them up easily which is always a plus. It applied smoothly, stayed on all day and held my curl nicely. I was definitely impressed by it, and as the name claims, it did give off a 'Manga' effect.

My only peeve about the mascara is the brush... I've seen photos of what it is supposed to look like, and mine looks nothing like it. I think I received that one in a thousand brush that came out wrong. Seriously there aren't enough bristles on it, and the front of the brush is barren. I honestly think I would love this mascara more, had I received the proper brush for it, but I didn't.

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara Brush

Disregarding the crappy brush I received, I would still recommend this mascara based on formula alone. If you want a good lengthening mascara which doesn't add fibres to your lashes - but still makes them look longer and fuller, then this is one for you. I still prefer my Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Everlasting Mascara as it truly makes my eyes POP, as well as the Maybelline Full 'N Soft for those truly natural thick and long lashes look. That said, I still like this one as it does give that wide doe-eyed look which is cute for those days out with the girls and summer picnics. It is a mascara that is pretty and makes your eyes look great without looking over the top. Have you tried this mascara yet and if you did, was your brush weird like mine?

Love,
Nur x

No comments:

Post a Comment